Wednesday, October 21, 2015

William in Mommy's arms

Yesterday, I took a lot of time to just be with myself and feel William's spirit. I took a long bike ride, listened to music, and I colored. It felt really nice being able to have some William time and express emotions in a different way.

While I was coloring, I took special attention when working on William's body. With each stroke I thought of the day he was born and how he laid just like that in my arms. It was the best feeling in the world. When I colored his hair, I remembered how the winter sun poured in through the hospital window and lit up his golden blond locks. I just kept kissing his head. I drank him in. The way he scrunched his nose and how even his eye brows were blond. Small patches of peach fuzz dotted his entire body, like on both sides of his back right below his shoulders. Our little lion cub. He had perfect feet with tiny little toe nails. And his hands, they were also the cutest tiny hands we had ever seen, his creases matched mine. I remember kissing his eyes, his nose, his mouth. 

I used to think I may forget the way he looked to me. It really scared me. Yes, we had photos - that I'm hugely grateful for - but those were moments captured in time. I wanted to remember it all. The way he felt when I touched his skin, the warmth we shared, the way his baby scent made me drink him up, the weight of him, the way he melted our hearts. Now, I understand that I could never forget. These details are ingrained into my memory. 

So I'm sharing this beautiful image, a little tribute to me and my William, I'm happy that every time I think of him I smile. And I'm wishing everyone a nice day. 

xoxo, Liz

William in Mommy's Embrace

~ Thank you to Carly Marie for sketching this memory and sharing ~

No comments:

Post a Comment